Call 504-384-7870 Immediately!
Drug addiction treatment is necessary to end the cycle of substance abuse. Substance addiction can make those in New Orleans feel hopeless, like suffering will never come to an end. We believe that this is false and want to lend a hand to those affected by this terrible disease. Many people suffering from drug dependency feel disgraced and ashamed, but we are here to help take away that stigma. Drug dependency has been proven to be a medical illness, like cancer or AIDs, and needs to be treated as any other condition would. Trained experts specializing in drug rehab treatments for drug abuse are employed to ensure the absolute best degree of care. End dependency, and call us as soon as possible!
Drug Addiction Knowledge
Most people in New Orleans, LA start to experiment with drugs casually, then lose self-control as they discover they want more drugs, more often. This is part of the physical dependence that they gain, and the more substance use increases, the harder it is to stop. Most find that it is difficult to function without the drug due to the extremely unpleasant withdrawal symptoms. Our team recognizes the physical and psychological dependence that forms because of the chronic use of legal and illegal substances.
- Physical dependency occurs after continual drug use replaces the way in which nerve cells communicate with the brain. The chemicals in the drug elicit pleasure, and soon, drug use becomes the only thing the brain associates with these happy feelings.
- Psychological dependency occurs when the addict experiences stress and anxiety at the thought of not being able to use drugs. The habit of taking the drug is ingrained in them and they feel as though they can’t function without it. This form of dependency can take longer to form but can be harder break.
For a rehabilitation plan to be comprehensive and efficient, both physical and psychological dependence on drugs should be addressed. Addicts need experienced, passionate staff to help end their cycle of abuse. Treatment programs in New Orleans can provide:
- Group and individual therapy
- Structured physical activities
- Access to the 12-step community
- A professional and supportive aftercare team
- Comfortable and affordable lodgings
Many treatment programs are designed to respect to each client’s unique needs and provide them with the best opportunity for success. We work with a variety of fact-based, constructive, and affordable treatments to satisfy diverse requirements, and offer many options.
Addiction Treatment Can Be Achieved
Drug rehab, or rehabilitation, is the complex process in which a person:
- withdraws from their substance of abuse
- takes part in several types of therapy and behavioral changes that help them understand the issues surrounding their addiction
- examines their excuses for using and
- learns to avoid relapses and temptation
Recovery specialists are responsible for the many different facets of this process, such as:
- medical care
- drug and alcohol testing
- lifestyle skills coaching
- treatment of psychological problems and emotional issues
- relapse prevention coaching
- family education and counseling
- orientation into self-help and support meetings
- follow-up care
How Drug Addiction is Addressed
Residential rehabilitation centers unite all of the best parts of inpatient treatment and outpatient care. While living in beautiful, comfortable residential houses, clients participate in:
- group and individual therapy
- behavioral modeling treatment
- daily self-help group meetings
- recreational activities
- daily trips to the gym and
- various social activities
For additional details concerning drug rehab locations, the consequences of drug abuse, or substance abuse in general, please call our admission specialists at 504-384-7870!